Saturday 21 May 2011

Jaume Plensa




A wonderful exhibition in wonderful surroundings with a special friend is the best way to spend your Friday.
It has been a long time since I felt so moved to tears by an exhibition.
I could upload so many of my photos but I strongly advise anybody who reads this blog to visit the exhibition, it finishes 25th September
These are just a few of my photographs.

This work has stillness, silence and serenity, which evokes a spiritual, almost religious, atmosphere and the beautiful, highly marked alabaster appears to glow from within. (this quote is taken from the YSP exhibition guide)



Plensa describes these figures as 'fat angels': suspended from the gallery walls, they are fixed and constrained by their heavy human bodies. (this quote is taken from the YSP exhibition guide)





No comments: